Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wild Sky Over Old Head, Kinsale, Ireland- sold



7"x5" oil on gessoed masonite artboard


"Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."
- Lewis Grizzard


I'm currently reading, "A Course Called Ireland" by Tom Coyne...which I'm enjoying immensely even though I'm not a golfer. But I AM a traveler who claims Ireland to be one of the most wonderful destinations I've had the good fortune to enjoy. Coynes descriptions had me hankering to get out the pile of reference shots/materials I had from last summer, that I had used in completing a commission painting for a collector who HAD actually golfed there many times. The wildness of the rocky coastlines and ever changeable weather that makes for some dramatic skies make for a dramatic painting....and lots of great memories!

2 Comments:

Blogger Artist said...

love the way you made the waves reach the land! wonderful work!

March 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Artist - I really enjoy the strong abstract shapes of the land & water there!! It's very fun to paint!

March 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home