Monday, April 5, 2010

La Vie Claire



12"x12" on archival gessoed masonite artboard

Today's painting is called "La Vie Claire"...named for my favorite magazine. It's the one that I can never throw away ANY of the issues! I also like the thought behind that name, meaning "the clear life". After the winter spent dealing with health issues (surgery for breast cancer, then a couple months radiation treatments, humble attempts at recuperation, then an unexpected trip south for my father-in-law's funeral....I had been feeling rather "run-through-the wringer" of life. The one thing that events like this - (all strung in a row) - do bring...is that I was forced to slow down a bit. Okay, a lot. I'm chomping at the bit for spring, and here it is bursting forth as I write! I've had way too much time to be introspective, but I certainly know more about what is important to me. One of those things is keeping life in some sort of balance....even when things seem tilted at precarious levels. I remember a violin teacher in my past telling me, "Hey, remember to breath!" hehe, some times we all need to be reminded to breath, especially when we're putting so much effort into 'something' that we're trying our darnedest to do!

Now that I feel like my biggie health scare is behind me, I want to thank you all for your kind notes, emails, cards, prayers, good karma, smiles & cheer that you've sent me over the last five months! I truly believe God sends us friends that work the miracles in our lives.....when we're not looking & when we least expect it! For that I'm ever grateful!

Now back to the business of painting! I think it's going to hit 80 degrees here in CT on Wednesday!! Are they kidding?? I'd better make sure my carry-along pack is filled with paint & ready to go!

The show "Incredible and Unforgettable Ireland" opened last weekend to a great, wonderful crowd. I've sold some and some are still needing a home to go to, could it be yours? The location is: London Square Gallery, 4410 Colley Av. Norfolk, VA; call 757-440-0269 for directions & hours! Don't miss out getting to see this memorable show in you're in the Hampton Roads area!

Back to the easel, I've got another arrangement of Easter tulips I'm hoping to finish painting!

La Vie Claire

About This Painting:
I'm an Impressionist here in the area of CT known as "Birthplace of American Impressionism". As a member of Lyme Art Association, I currently show work there, as well as galleries in CT and VA.

Media: oil on gessoed masonite artboard
Size: 12 in X 12 in (30.5 cm X 30.5 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

3 Comments:

Blogger Artist said...

love the little spot where the flowers enter the vase and splash into the water!

April 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Janette Jones, Studio California said...

My fav mag too...have every issue from day one and can't throw them away either...and why would we! LOL
This is an amazing little painting! I really like your work...the paint quailty and sense of light.

April 18, 2010 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks for the kind comments!!! You both made my day!!

April 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home