Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tulips, Tea, & Time



16"x20" oil on canvas mounted on archival artboard (Raymar)

"The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so."
- William Ralph Inge


Today's painting is called "Tulips, Tea and Time". I actually considered calling it, Tulips, Tea, & Time with the Masters"....since I had a stack of some favorite art books in the arrangement. I've brought them home from some of my favorite museum exhibits. While there is nothing like seeing the 'real life' original in front of you; a museum catalog/book is a great reminder of what you saw, in what exhibit, where it was, etc.

Tulips, Tea, & Time

About This Painting:
I'm an Impressionist here in the area of CT known as "Birthplace of American Impressionism". As a member of Lyme Art Association, I currently show work there, as well as galleries in CT and VA.

Media: oil on canvas mounted on archival board (Raymar)
Size: 20 in X 16 in (50.8 cm X 40.6 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

This reminds me very much of a Bonnard,Roxanne; the freshness of the colours and the patterns - so very French!

April 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Aww- thank you Sheila!! I AM a Bonnard fan! You brought a giant smile to my face today!! :-D

April 14, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home